The Transport Department is a structural subdivision of the Staff of the RA Ministry of Transport and Communication. It ensures the implementation of the problems and functions in compliance with the terms and requirements of the RA Law and other legal acts. The department performs the following functions:
- works out plans of legal acts concerning the motor transport sphere and its activity regulation, social-economic perspective and current project plans concerning the RA motor transport sphere.
- works out steps to meet the requirements of the state policy in the sphere of exploitation of common use motor transport and traffic security.
- works out and implements steps to ensure the scientific and technical progress in the motor transport sphere.
- participates in preparation, signing of the RA international agreements and implementation of the commitments of the Republic of Armenia, interstate cooperation, presenting the ministry's interests in the international organizations within the limits of its competence.
- implements the management process of the administrative statistical register on the basis of collected data about results of the motor transport sphere, the permission exchange with the countries having signed the agreement and the choice of the RA transporting company implementing interstate regular bus passenger transportation from the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
- accepts reports and provides decisions about the organization of the interregional passenger transportation, works out the documents concerning the ministry's competence functions (route charts, timetables, documents regulating the drivers' working and rest conditions), makes and develops the RA common route network.
Head of Department is Karen Galstyan.
Tel: +374(10) 59-00-80